A message from the Library Director, Allie:
Hi, everyone! Here’s an update regarding our slow reopening. It’s a long one, so please bear with me!
The library will reopen on Monday, June 8th with the following procedures in place:
• Limit 10 people in the library at a time
- Please be respectful of others if you notice multiple people in the space
• One person per household strongly encouraged
• Recommended 30-minute time limit to browse for materials
• Please bring your own mask
• Remain physically distanced at 6-foot intervals
• Computer usage limited to one-hour increments
- Due to space constraints and physical distancing, staff assistance is limited at this time
• Study room unavailable
• Indoor book drop closed- all returns must be placed in the outdoor book drop
- Note: all returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in. We will back date our checked in items to account for that.
We look forward to seeing you all; we’ve missed you! But please keep in mind that we are striving to ensure a safe environment for all of our patrons and staff.
There will be hand sanitizer available when you first walk in- I encourage using this when you arrive. Our checkout line is sectioned off with floor markers indicating every 6 feet. Please be conscious of others in keeping a physical distance between you. You’ll notice some differences in our space: high-contact children’s play items have been removed and our lounge furniture is unavailable during this time. These decisions were made to limit exposure in high-traffic areas of our space.
If you are feeling sick, we do not recommend entering the library. However, we will continue to offer curbside service for those interested. Give the library a call to place your requests!
Please be patient with us as we navigate these new procedures. In turn, please be aware that should local health officials indicate a change in conditions, the library may reduce available services. Along with the Library Board of Trustees, I’m monitoring guidelines provided by the CDC, WEDC, Wisconsin DPI, and Wisconsin DHS.
Our updated hours of service:
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 9:00- 6:00
Wednesday, Thursday: 9:00- 8:00
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
I sincerely appreciate your patience while these decisions have been made; patron and staff safety is my highest priority and I’ve been working to ensure our environment is ready for our services to move forward.
Have a fantastic day!
Allie Krause, Library Director
Hortonville Public Library